Thursday, January 3, 2013

Today I woke up with the memory of my childhood friends Jennifer and Christopher and decided that all persons today should have names that end in -fer. Thus, I became Rachefer, auntie became Kathyfer and so on. We managed to squeeze in two parks today. Don Edwards and Coyote. 


This orange lichen warranted a picture - and you thought a photo of lichen on a rock would be lame. Ha. 


Basically we wandered over bridges, past lots of birds and adorable little buildings.





This is NOT snow. Seriously! It's caused by weird proteins in the water that get whipped up like egg whites - really! Want me to post the picture of the sign that said so?





Jesus birds, that's what I call 'em. They walk on water, for reals! Ha, not quite, the pipe continues just beneath the surface.


Uncle Charlifer met up with us after for the walk over to the Peruvian restaurant I'd been salivating about forever, well, ever since I found out about it -- yesterday.


 My favorite Peruvian dish -- lomo saltado! Get in my belly.


No comments:

Post a Comment