Monday, January 14, 2013

Birthday Girl

My birthday, January 11th, dawned bright and beautiful (kind of like me). ;)
I stepped out into the sunlight and the crisp, cool air and perambulated about Redwood City taking in the sights. Little did I know what this seemingly innocuous day would bring.

Camera at the ready as usual - here is what I saw:


Proof that I'm still in Mexico:


I'd like to point out that this gorgeous bloom graces us with her presence in January.




Very clever. I think I should be offended but I'm too busy laughing. 


And then, my neighbor intercepted me, dragged me kicking and screaming to a party and this is what ensued...

A belligerent man demanded to know where the Crown Royal was hidden. 


The girl who broke her foot dancing but continues to dance - with a boot!


And a dog that got so excited by the bedlam and inspired by the musical intonations of TLC that she joined the din and began singing as well. 


Think it ends there? Nope. Belligerent man stopped being belligerent and started...


... well, you can see what he did. Heaven help us all, no one warned me there would be a stripper. I requested that next time I be permitted to choose the age group of my entertainment. I managed to escape this debacle unscathed physically but I can't say the same for my mental or emotional state. 


Here's to my year as a 36 year old! Older is definitely better. 


No comments:

Post a Comment