Monday, December 31, 2012


For my brother's birthday I took my last hike (maybe not?) for 2012 at Point Reyes' National Seashore. He wasn't there, but I hope he appreciates how much my aunt, uncle, and I enjoyed California while he was on the East Coast. I arrived with my fingers crossed for an elk sighting. No sooner had we entered the park and we saw ....!! Deer. Still cute, but not elk. 




However, the deer disappointment subsided rapidly when just around the bend appeared a herd of elk grazing against the magnificent backdrop of the Pacific Ocean. 






 We hiked up onto the top of the cliffs with the sun glaring in our eyes just so I could capture these shots. Actually, I trudged all the way up...




 All the way down to the beach...


...and all the way back up again so I could capture these ravens swooping through the sky!








At the base again, near the other beach, were these old buildings and fences that were absolutely covered in lichen. 



Here's the closeup! Weird, huh?


 Finally, we walked on the easy access beach because my legs were burning from all the cliffs I felt the need to climb!


Another shot of elk, just 'cuz



I thought the day would end without a coyote sighting but I was wrong! There he is! A perfect end to a perfect day. 

Awwwww, now that's what love should be! 




1 comment: